- Arts & Photography
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Business & Money
- Children's Books
- Christian Books & Bibles
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Computers & Accessories
- Computers & Technology
- Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- eBook Readers & Accessories
- Education & Teaching
- Engineering & Transportation
- Gay & Lesbian
- Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Home page
- Humor & Entertainment
- K-12 Teaching Resources
- Literature & Fiction
- Medical Books
- Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Parenting & Relationships
- Politics & Social Sciences
- Religion & Spirituality
- Science & Math
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Security & Surveillance
- Sports & Outdoors
- Teen & Young Adult
- Test Preparation
- Welding & Soldering
A Practical Guide to Finance and Budgeting: Skills for Nurse Managers, Second Edition (Core Skills for Nurse Managers)ISBN: 9781601461360
Publisher: HCPro Inc.
Publication Date: 2008-02-01
Number of pages: 150
DESCRIPTIONAs of June 20, 2014, contact hours for nurses are no longer available with this product.
Nurses don't go into healthcare because they like crunching numbers! But when they become nurse managers, they have to learn a new language of confusing financial jargon and terminology often with little training.
A Practical Guide to Finance and Budgeting: Skills for Nurse Managers, Second Edition is a comprehensive guide specifically designed to help new managers save time and produce, present, and defend the departmental budget.
Author KT Waxman, DNP, MBA, RN, CNL, offers tips and tools that breakdown the confusing and often foreign, financial side of healthcare.
The book helps you:
- Comprehend the financial side of healthcare through easy-to-understand advice
- Eliminate guesswork with straightforward descriptions of each section of important financial forms and reports
- Save time with plain English definitions of potentially confusing financial terminology
- Secure executive buy-in with concise explanations of how the nursing department's financial performance affects the entire organization
- Handle the new role of manager with quick and helpful field-tested tips and reminders
- Prepare budget presentations and build business plans with simple and easy-to-follow instructions
- Obtain adequate financial support for the department through right-way, wrong-way tips
- Provide time-saving insight to ancillary leaders who also need financial training
Guidance for ancillary leaders
Not only does this guide help nurse managers, it also provides useful advice and tools for ancillary leaders who also need to plan staffing, create business plans, and justify budgets.
It offers timely, need-to-know information to help managers of various types create solid business plans without spending time searching through multiple sources. This unique guide offers everything a new manager needs to effectively maintain a department s financial planning.
Bonus CD-ROM with customizable forms and tools!
This book comes with a CD-ROM packed with forms, critical thinking activities, and helpful handouts to help managers meet their financial responsibilities throughout their careers.
The realities of today's healthcare environment mean nursing and ancillary managers need to understand and interpret fiscal concerns to earn their place at the table. Rely on A Practical Guide to Finance and Budgeting: Skills for Nurse Managers, Second Edition to help your managers master their financial responsibilities with ease.
Who should buy this book?
A perfect resource for nurse managers, VPs of nursing, chief nursing officers, directors of nursing, nursing home administrators, ASC, home health, and rehab nursing administrators, staff educators, directors of education, and ancillary managers.
We Also Recommend
The Promise of Response to Intervention: Evaluating Current Science and Practice
Adolescents in the Internet Age (Lifespan Learning Adolescents in the Internet Age)
ICD-10-CM 2018: The Complete Official Codebook (Icd-10-Cm the Complete Official Codebook)
ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals: with Guidelines 2018 (Spiral)